Business Administrative Associate
In this role you will
The Business Administrative Associate (BAA) will function as the chief executive assistant to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and lead technician for gift entry and reconciliation. In this capacity, the Associate will report 50% to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and 50% to the Business Manager for the Northeastern Illinois University Foundation. The position will execute office administrative and budget functions on behalf of Institutional Advancement, will manage the Vice President's calendar, and will coordinate communications and logistical matters concerning the NEIU Foundation Board. The Associate will also function as the primary technician for charitable gift entry and reporting for the Northeastern Illinois University Foundation.
To be successful in this role, qualified applicants will have
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE CLASSIFICATION SPECIFICATION; CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, or a field related to the position.
- Two (2) years of professional business, financial, and/or managerial work experience.
(NOTE: A Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year (12 months) of work experience.)
- Based on position requirements, additional education, training, and/or work experience in an area of specialization inherent to the position may be required.
Departmental Preferred Qualifications
The incumbent will demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving tactics, attention to detail, and self-starting acumen and accounting/bookkeeping skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel are required. Familiarity with Blackbaud products such as Raiser's Edge and Financial Edge is preferred. Candidate must have a minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in a high production office department. Higher education and/or nonprofit experience preferred.
- Manage communications, prepare reports and manage office functions for Institutional Advancement and the NEIU Foundation. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to coordination/management of meetings and support for events, development and management of business correspondences including preparation of materials, timelines, and reports for Institutional Advancement and NEIU Foundation activities. The BAA will prepare communications materials for the Vice President including memos, letters, e-mails, Foundation Board meeting materials, and other projects as assigned and will manage administrative functions of the budget for Institutional Advancement including coordination of purchasing and human resources materials. Manage the Vice President's calendar and travel schedule including event and meeting planning, itinerary creation, Raiser's Edge constituent information, expense reports and Raiser's Edge call reports
- Serves as Recording Secretary for the NEIU Foundation, including preparing meeting minutes, managing calendar of Board meetings, preparing reports for the Executive Director, communicating with and on behalf of Board Members, maintaining Foundation Board intranet and drafting official Foundation documents.
- The BAA will process all incoming requisitions and donations with an attention to detail and understanding of accounting principles, while performing necessary clerical and accounting tasks. The Associate will manage data entry and execute report queries using Advancement's accounting and relational software and will update and maintain the CRM (Blackbaud platforms including Raiser's Edge and Financial Edge), review daily and monthly statements for incoming donations. The Associate will provide reconciliation for departmental funds and trace /audit transactions. The Associate will process incoming requisitions in a timely manner and prepare check runs. The Associate will work with the NEIU Foundation Business Manager with respect to documents required by Foundation's external auditors, external investment consultant, and/or external bank accounts, and will perform other duties as assigned by business manager including document filing.
- Administer Foundation functions such as web presence and webpage / communications maintenance; Administer Student Travel Awards, including communicating with the University Community to solicit applications, coordinate approval process and make payment arrangements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
(This position requires a background check.)
Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State Universities Retirement System. This is a full-time, continuing position.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
If you have any questions, please email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu.
Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
Application Deadline: A current application, affirmative action form, statement of annuitant status form, official transcript(s), resume and cover letter must be submitted by the close of business September 28, 2022.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.