Business Administrative Associate
College of Business and Technology, Dean’s Office
In this role you will
The Business Administrative Associate (BAA) provides high-level support to the Dean of the College of Business and Technology (CBT). The BAA oversees the operational and fiscal management of the CBT Dean's Office and monitors the budgets of the Departments within the College. Under the direction of the Dean, the BAA performs complex and diverse duties in support of administrative operations in the CBT, primarily in analytical and budgetary expertise. The BAA serves as a resource and advises CBT departments chairs, coordinators, and staff on administrative and financial matters.
To be successful in this role, qualified applicants will have
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE CLASSIFICATION SPECIFICATION; CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, or a field related to the position.
- Two (2) years of professional business, financial, and/or managerial work experience.
(NOTE: A Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year (12 months) of work experience.)
- Based on position requirements, additional education, training, and/or work experience in an area of specialization inherent to the position may be required.
Departmental Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience with financial administration in an academic setting
- Demonstrated experience delegating work or supervisory responsibility
- Knowledge of business operations at NEIU preferred
- Administrative Operations: Oversees the operational management of the CBT Dean's Office. Represents the College at certain committees and at various meetings. Acts as liaison between the College and other Units within the University, coordinates responsibilities and trouble-shoots business problems with other departments and college offices and staff. Facilitates administrative processes for the College; audits and validates documents that come to the office before processing such paperwork for approval by the Dean. Assures that the documents are processed in a timely manner. Provides administrative support for College events and activities.
- Fiscal Management/Budget: Oversees the fiscal management of the CBT Dean's Office; responsible for fiscal and financial reports and analyses, supervises the maintenance of financial records for all unit funds; submits College's and department's budget transfers, monitors the budgets of the subsidiary departments; trains, advises, and assists Financial Managers on budget issues related to their department(s). Funds from non-tuition related state, federal, scholarship, and local funds are also managed by this position. This position serves as a financial manager and coordinates all contractual and purchasing activities for the office.
- Human & Physical Resource Management: The BAA coordinates hiring, termination, promotion, job evaluation, and scheduling activities for CBT staff positions, student assistants, and interns. The BAA manages space resources for the College including offices and meeting spaces.
- Reporting: The BAA completes much of the data reporting requested by various entities about the College. Internally, this includes Institutional Research for annual State of Illinois data collection activities (e.g., cost study), and the Vice President of Academic Affairs for budget related reporting. Supports the Associate Dean by providing information necessary for the completion of external accreditation reporting requirements.
- Strategic Projects: The Business/administrative associate supports - through administrative activities and human capital scheduling -the development and implementation of strategic College goals. At the operational level, this position provides research and policy analysis on operational issues and recommends appropriate policies and procedures. Works independently. or with the Dean, on special projects, process improvement, comprehensive reports, detailed analyses and other projects as assigned. The Business/administrative associate serves as the recorder of minutes for the Dean's Executive Council and supports other strategic outreach initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
(This position requires a background check.)
$68,000 - $75,000
Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State Universities Retirement System. This is a full-time, continuing position.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
A current application, affirmative action form, statement of annuitant status form, official transcript(s), resume and cover letter must be submitted by the close of business 7/25/2022.
If you have any questions, please email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu.
Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.