Northeastern Illinois University, located in Chicago, Illinois, invites applications for the position of Budget Director, Office of University Budgets
In this role you will
To provide leadership and oversight to all department areas within the University pertaining to the development and allocation of budgets. Collaborates with all areas and departments in developing budgeting plans and processes.
This position requires a master's degree in business, accounting, public administration or a similar field. In addition, the person must have experience in financial management in a large scale organization and must possess the ability to work with large data bases. Detailed knowledge of Excel or similar spreadsheet software is required. Finally, the individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to perform statistical analysis and experience in higher education is preferred.
(This position requires a background check.)
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President for Finance and Administration, plan develop and execute the University's budgets, including taking responsibility for
- Providing executive leadership and professional expertise in administering budget plans, processes and procedures for the entire University.
- Presenting and preparing presentations on budgets and budget processes to the University community and other stakeholders.
- Evaluating various budget models and assisting with forecasting and analysis.
- Formulating, establishing and implementing administrative policies relating to the budget and budget process.
- Provides financial analysis and support for university departments.
- Prepares and presents reports to the Board of Trustees and Finance, Building and Grounds committee through the annual budget cycle.
- Collaborating with all University departments and areas in developing and planning their budgets.
- Completing special projects as related to the IBHE and other state agencies, including providing reports, analyses, data and information for administrative purposes.
- Preparing the University's annual operating and capital budget requests and necessary documentation for various state officials and the coordination of activities required for justifying these requests.
- Directing the compilation of the internal budget book.
- Projecting the probable revenues for various local fund entities, monitoring revenue and expense throughout the year and approving all changes in budget allocations.
- Directing staff involved in budget operations; developing and implementing policies and procedures designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of budget operations and ensure proper budgetary control.
- Functioning as a principal budget advisor to the University community and as a liaison with external agencies, when so required.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
About Northeastern Illinois University
Northeastern Illinois University’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in a residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago with additional locations in the metropolitan area: The Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies and El Centro. NEIU also is a founding member of the University Center of Lake County consortium campus in suburban Lake County, north of Chicago.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State Universities Retirement System. This is a full-time, continuing position.\
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Applicants are expected to respond based upon the entire job description.
You must submit the following online forms (see links below) and send the remaining documents to DirBudgetSearch@neiu.edu with the job title in the subject line
- A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position;
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Three (3) professional references;
- Employment Application;
- Statement of Annuitant Status; and
- Affirmative Action Form.
Copies of unofficial transcripts are accepted; however, official transcripts for all earned degrees will be required of candidates selected for final interviews.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.