The Associate Vice President for Enrollment Services (AVP) serves as the Chief Enrollment Officer for the University. The AVP is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, analysis and general supervision of all programs related to undergraduate and graduate recruitment and enrollment. The AVP will coordinate all areas of responsibility to achieve integration with all enrollment services in accordance with Northeastern’s mission, values and strategic goals. The AVP reports to the President. S/he leads the institution in planning, implementing and assessing an array of strategic and tactical planning to meet university enrollment. The AVP oversees the following enrollment units: undergraduate and graduate admissions recruitment and admissions processing, records, registration, veteran student services, financial aid, scholarships and student employment.
Founded in 1867, Northeastern Illinois University enrolls more than 7,000 students through the College of Arts and Sciences, the Daniel L. Goodwin College of Education, the College of Business and Management and the College of Graduate Studies and Research. Northeastern is regarded as the most diverse public comprehensive university in the Midwest and is designated by the U.S. Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. Northeastern offers more than 40 undergraduate degree and certificate programs and more than 50 graduate degree, certificate, licensure and endorsement programs.
Northeastern’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in a residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago. The University has three additional locations in the metropolitan area: the Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies, El Centro and the Center for College Access and Success. Northeastern also is a founding member of the University Center of Lake County consortium campus in suburban Lake County, north of Chicago. Read more about Northeastern Illinois University at neiu.edu
Minimum Qualifications (education, years of experience, training, license, programs or certifications):
- Master’s degree is required. Doctorate is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill and experience at the university level in enrollment management principles and practices
- Budget experience
- Experience in executive-level decision making.
- Broad knowledge of best practices in Enrollment Management and current issues and trends.
- Demonstrated experience in executive level organizational leadership; strategic planning; personnel management, verbal and written communication, problem solving and conflict resolution;
- Broad knowledge of diversity and multicultural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence student success through enrollment processes.
- Ability to promote and develop ways to effectively collaborate and communicate with Northeastern’s diverse population of students, faculty and staff.
- Lead in a team environment, building consensus and lead organization change.
- Demonstrated knowledge skill and expertise at the university level in undergraduate and graduate recruitment and admissions, registration, student records, recruitment financial aid and scholarships;
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- The AVP develops, implements and evaluates programs, policies and procedures in collaboration with academic and student divisions to enhance enrollment goals and support student success.
- As Northeastern’s senior enrollment officer, create a shared vision for establishing enrollment goals and retention strategies to support Northeastern’s main campus and satellite campuses, provide advice on enrollment issues and provides leadership and guidance to ensure compliance with state and federal mandates.
- Lead the enrollment management council and undergraduate retention intervention team.
- Use best practices to develop processes and procedures to meet enrollment goals and objectives.
- Develop, implement and evaluate enrollment strategies and tactics to meet enrollment goals.
- Lead the undergraduate and graduate recruitment, admissions, records, registration, financial aid and scholarship units.
- Sets performance expectations and customer service standards for each unit in Enrollment Services and monitors and evaluates offices against those standards.
- Manages the budget for the department of Enrollment Services and oversees the utilization of budget in the division.
- Lead in a team environment, build consensus and foster positive organization change.
This position will require a background check conducted by Northeastern Illinois University
Screening will begin immediately until position is filled.
In order to be considered for employment to Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) you must submit the following and send all documents within one PDF document to AVP-EnrollmentSearch@neiu.edu.
A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position
- Current Resume
- Three (3) current professional references
- Employment Application
- Statement of Annuitant Status
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University's positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.