Associate Director for Transfer Recruitment
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION SUMMARY:
The Associate Director will be responsible for the planning and implementation of innovative transfer recruitment strategies and programs designed to meet transfer enrollment goals at Northeastern Illinois University. This position reports to the Executive Director of Admissions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (education, years of experience, training, license, programs or certifications)
- Master’s degree in education or other field relevant to the position responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of transfer recruitment strategies and programs.
- Five years of progressive responsibility in admissions, enrollment or student services, preferably with transfer students.
- Proficiency in the development and use of articulation agreements.
- Expertise in the use of data in the decision-making process.
- Experience with student demographics similar to NEIU Knowledge of community college transfer programs and student populations
- Proficient in Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with a Customer Management Relationship (CRM) software and platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate effectively to large groups.
- Must be willing to travel and be available to work evenings and some weekends.
- A valid driver license is required.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (list in order of importance)
- Oversee the development and implementation of transfer strategies that is consistent with the overall enrollment strategies of NEIU.
- Ability to handle and keep confidential information as required by FERPA.
- Coordinate, write and publicize project activity reports.
- Act as a resource for information related to all activity projects.
- Supervise transfer admissions counselors.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a transfer recruitment plan consistent with NEIU’s overall enrollment objectives.
- Oversee the dual and guaranteed admissions services, systems and programming.
- Serve as a liaison to all Chicago City College dually admitted students.
- Oversee pre-admissions advising for all students who intend to transfer to NEIU.
- Experience in developing relationships with people of different age groups, genders and background.
- Work with Executive Director of Admissions and Marketing Office to develop annual transfer media plans which will include assisting in the development and design of web and printed materials intended for transfer audiences.
- Represent NEIU at transfer events and coordinate coverage of transfer programs and college fairs with the Director of admissions.
- Ability to make presentations to classes, clubs and/or community colleges as needed
- Call, email and follow up with all inquiries by applicants. Meet with families as needed.
- Develop and implement new on campus transfer recruitment activities.
- Build upon existing relationships and continue to establish strong associations with community college advisors
- Develop and strengthen assigned territories by researching trends, demographics and other opportunities to increase transfer enrollment
- Committed to the culture of diversity and respect for all which includes but is not limited to the Mission and Vision of NEU.
- Perform other duties or additional responsibilities as required by the University
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
About Northeastern Illinois University
Founded in 1867, Northeastern Illinois University enrolls about 7,200 students through the College of Arts and Sciences, the Daniel L. Goodwin College of Education, the College of Business and Management and the College of Graduate Studies and Research. Northeastern is regarded as the most diverse public comprehensive university in the Midwest and is designated by the U.S. Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. Northeastern offers more than 40 undergraduate degree and certificate programs and more than 50 graduate degree, certificate, licensure and endorsement programs.
Northeastern’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in a residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago. The University has three additional locations in the metropolitan area: the Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies, El Centro and the Center for College Access and Success. Northeastern also is a founding member of the University Center of Lake County consortium campus in suburban Lake County, north of Chicago. Read more about Northeastern Illinois University at neiu.edu.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State Universities Retirement System.
(Each position requires a background check)
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) you must submit the following and send all documents within one PDF/Word document to: email@example.com
A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position
Three (3) current academic and professional references
Copies of unofficial transcripts are accepted; however, official transcripts for all earned degrees will be required of candidates selected for on-campus interviews
In addition to the links provided above for the Employment Application (fillable), Affirmative Action Form and Statement of Annuitant Status, you can also obtain these forms at the NEIU Office of Human Resources, Bernard Office Building (BOB), 5555 N. Bernard Street, Chicago, IL 60625, Monday through Friday, 8:30a.m. to 4:30p.m.
Application Deadline is July 2, 2021.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University's positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.