Northeastern Illinois University, located in Chicago, Illinois, invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Financial Aid in the Financial Aid, Scholarships & Student Employment Department.
In this role you will
Assist the Director of Financial Aid with the overall administration of the office. Oversee the training and development of staff. Address requests submitted by students involving professional judgment and consortium agreements. Keeps staff abreast of regulations pertaining to programs that the office administers. Coordinate the Minimum Standards of Academic Progress petitions submitted by students. Prepare reports and records to ensure fiscal accountability of the financial aid programs. Assist in the strategic and assessment planning of the office. Participate as a member of the Executive Director’s leadership team along with the Director of Scholarships, and Financial Aid Managers.
- Master degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of financial aid working experience and extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Banner or similar ERP systems related to financial aid.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, flexibility, confidentiality, and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills.
- A motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to understand various family situations, review complex documents and make timely professional, ethical and equitable decisions while maintaining compliance with federal, state and institutional policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of need analysis, verification and Title IV regulations.
(This position requires a background check.)
- Assists in the daily administration of the office to include the coordinator of activities that impact the delivery of services to students and families.
- Provides guidance, leadership and supervision to Coordinators of Financial Aid as well as the Coordinator of Student Employment.
- Oversees team that work in the Front Counter, Telephone Center, and the Document Update areas of the office.
- Trains financial aid advising team responsible for reviewing Satisfactory Academic Progress petitions.
- Reviews student requests for professional judgment – this includes dependency appeals, special conditions and academic progress.
- Determines whether student requests to initiate consortium agreements with other schools will be approved.
- Participates with the Executive Director and coordinators in the development of policies and procedures that impact the operations of the office.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Director’s leadership team and assumes the responsibilities of the Executive Director in his/her absence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
About Northeastern Illinois University
Northeaster’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in a residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago with additional locations in the metropolitan area: The Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies and El Centro. Northeastern also is a founding member of the University Center of Lake County consortium campus in suburban Lake County, north of Chicago.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State Universities Retirement System. This is a full-time, continuing position.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Hours may vary depending on departmental needs.)
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Applicants are expected to respond based upon the entire job description. You must submit the following online forms (see links below) and send the remaining documents to Maureen Amos, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title in the subject line.
- A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position;
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Three (3) professional references;
- Employment Application;
- Statement of Annuitant Status; and
- Affirmative Action Form.
Copies of unofficial transcripts are accepted; however, official transcripts for all earned degrees will be required of candidates selected for final interviews.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.