Northeastern Illinois University, located in Chicago, Illinois, invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Enterprise Applications, in the Administrative Computing Department.
H-1B visa sponsorship for qualified applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Supervises, directs, and analyzes the activities, procedures, and operational functions of staff engaged in data processing activities in order to assure accuracy and efficiency in information processing operations. Responsible for the maintenance, security, and operations of the university ERP systems (such as Ellucian Banner and Workday) and be the subject matter expert when providing functional resource support to other ancillary systems critical to NEIU operations. This position will also define and create software products, frameworks, reference architectures, and patterns and practices for implementation using the PL/SQL programming language.
- Mentor, supervise and evaluate staff; interview and select employees; and arrange for appropriate training of technology staff.
- Responsible for establishing protocols/processes/guidelines regarding Ellucian Banner security.
- Develop and administer PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, triggers, tables, views, indexes, functions, stored procedures, packages and scheduled events in Oracle using PL/SQL.
- Planning and coordinating with other ERP components so that the integrated systems are maintained in an effective and efficient manner.
- Coordinate and work with database administrators to determine requirements, performance, and problem resolution.
- Assume primary support and leadership responsibility for the functioning and interrelationships between the core ERP components and other vertical systems such as HR, Finance, and Student Academic modules, especially pertaining to other ancillary systems such as document imaging.
- Jointly lead integration of shared components (person data, data standards, etc.) and planning for migration and enhancement of overall ERP systems.
- Responsible for problem resolution on assigned systems and applications such as workflow, scanning, e-payment systems, learning management systems, etc., and focus on future planning for their evolution.
- Suggest, develop and formulate policies and procedures necessary to ensure the effective design and utilization of the assigned applications for the University.
- Work with other University and University Computing Services teams to determine application needs and directions for the assigned applications and procedures.
- Identify and investigate possible processing/informational problems within and between departments, design and implement solutions, and improve overall departmental efficiency.
- Design and implement integrations between software platforms, programs, and applications.
- Identify, plan, and execute integration strategies, create tools for other developers, ensure ongoing monitoring, and maintain as well as optimize software builds.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Requires Bachelor's degree with minimum of 6 years' experience.
- OR Master's in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field with minimum of 6 years' experience.
- Experience MUST include data integration, data extraction, and reporting with at least 6 years' experience supporting ERP systems and report writers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PL/SQL and other modern scripting languages with an emphasis on logical analysis is required.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, strong problem analytic skills, and the ability to manage multiple assignments are essential qualities for success and highly preferred.
- Experience with defining requirements and project management is a plus.
(Position requires a background check)
About Northeastern Illinois University
Northeastern Illinois University’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in an attractive residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago. The University offers more than 40 undergraduate degree and certificate programs and more than 50 graduate degree, certificate, licensure and endorsement programs. The University is a federally designated Hispanic-Serving Institution. It has additional locations in the metropolitan area, including the Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies, El Centro, Center for College Access and Success, and the University Center of Lake County.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Applicants are expected to respond based upon the entire job description.
You must submit the following online forms (see links below) and send the remaining documents to: AssociateDirAppSearch@neiu.edu
Email: with the job title in the subject line
- A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position;
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Three (3) professional references;
- Employment Application;
- Statement of Annuitant Status; and
- Affirmative Action Form.
Copies of unofficial transcripts are accepted; however, official transcripts for all earned degrees will be required of candidates selected for final interviews.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University's positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.