Northeastern Illinois University, located in Chicago, Illinois, invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Enterprise Applications, in the Administrative Computing Department. The position reports to the Chief Information Officer and is part of the University Technology Services (UTS) leadership team. The Associate Director’s work location is primarily conducted from NEIU’s main campus.
In this role you will
The Associate Director of Enterprise Application is responsible for strategic and operational leadership of the university’s enterprise application systems, including design, development, implementation, support, and maintenance. The position engages with academic, administrative, and student services stakeholders to understand their needs and align their use of their applications to these. The position provides analysis and recommendations to improve and expand applications, system integration, and application performance. The position sets the vision, working with the CIO, for student-centric services, by staying abreast with the latest in applications that enhance student engagement and support.
They will supervise, direct, and analyze the activities, procedures, and operational functions of staff engaged in data processing activities in order to assure accuracy and efficiency in information processing operations. Responsible for the maintenance, security, and operations of the university ERP systems (such as Ellucian Banner and Workday) and be the subject matter expert when providing functional resource support to other ancillary systems critical to NEIU’s operations.
- Post-Secondary degree, senior-level Banner experience, and 2 years management experience. All experience and education will be taken into consideration to satisfy qualifications.
- 5 years’ experience leading administrative processes and functions in a college/university setting as they relate to the development, modification and enhancement of applications within the ERP and associated systems.
- Significant experience and in-depth knowledge of data feeds, extracts, and Banner reporting solutions.
- Experience leading and being hands on with a technical team and interfacing with end users to effectively understand their needs and work with the technical team to support the desired outcomes.
- Experienced in preparing project scopes and developing project plans, including project tasks, resource allocation, timelines, and deliverables.
- Highly skilled in managing vendors and ensuring SLA’s are met.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PL/SQL and other modern scripting languages with an emphasis on logical analysis.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, strong problem analytic skills, and the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Proficient with productivity software.
“H-1B Visa sponsorship for qualified applicants will be considered on a case by case basis”
(This position requires a background check.)
- Mentor, supervise and evaluate staff; interview and select employees; and arrange for appropriate training of the development team.
- Command strong listening, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. The individual must understand people, processes, and technology. Oversee the management and security of the institution’s Banner ERP system.
- Coordinate and manage ERP support with appropriate depth of specific expertise across the numerous Banner modules to maintain a high level of support for Banner services to the university.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to improve and expand applications, system integration, and application performance.
- Maintain regular interaction with all administrative and academic departments to ensure best support of the work of the institution and serve as a liaison between functional users and technical support staff for administrative systems.
- Stay current on product availability to meet institutional needs and propose new initiatives to meet identified needs.
- Collaboratively develop a change management framework, including user acceptance testing and adhere to it.
- Ensure the team follows the change management process for application development and updates, coordinating process and timing of regular upgrades and applications of program fixes for existing programs, and integrate with ongoing projects.
- Regularly communicate status updates to IT leadership and stakeholders.
- Prepare project scope and develop project plans, including project tasks, resource allocation, timelines, and deliverables.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of CRM, Mobile Apps, and Cloud based Applications.
- Capable to develop and administer PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, triggers, tables, views, indexes, functions, stored procedures, packages and scheduled events in Oracle using PL/SQL as needed.
- Coordination with database administrators to determine requirements, performance, and problem resolution.
- Jointly lead integration of shared components (person data, data standards, etc.) and planning for migration and enhancement of overall ERP systems.
- Responsible for leading problem resolution on systems and applications such as workflow, scanning, e-payment systems, learning management systems, etc., and focus on future planning for their evolution.
- Serve as an authority for complex decisions, and drive analysis to uncover and solve for issues, risks, and opportunities across technical platforms, tools, architecture, and business processes.
- Suggest, develop and formulate policies and procedures necessary to ensure the effective design and utilization of the assigned applications for the University.
- Work with units, departments and teams to determine application needs and directions for the applications and procedures.
- Identify and investigate possible processing/informational problems within and between departments, design and implement solutions, and improve overall departmental efficiency.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
About Northeastern Illinois University
Northeastern Illinois University’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in a residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago with additional locations in the metropolitan area: The Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies and El Centro. NEIU is also a founding member of the University Center of Lake County consortium campus in suburban Lake County, north of Chicago.
Salary range is $120,000-$140,000
Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State Universities Retirement System. This is a full-time, continuing position.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Applicants are expected to respond based upon the entire job description. You must submit the following online forms (see links below) and send the remaining documents to AssociateDirAppSearch@neiu.edu with the job title in the subject line:
- A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position;
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Three (3) professional references;
- Employment Application;
- Statement of Annuitant Status; and
- Affirmative Action Form.
Copies of unofficial transcripts are accepted; however, official transcripts for all earned degrees will be required of candidates selected for final interviews.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.