Northeastern Illinois University, located in Chicago, Illinois, invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Annual Giving in the Development Department.
The Associate Director of Development will develop, lead and enhance multichannel annual giving strategies, including but not limited to; a focus on new avenues for increasing donor participation, engaging new and younger donors through e-campaigns, and increasing average gift amounts. The Associate Director will collaborate with Institutional Advancement staff to develop and execute avenues for online giving acquisition, particularly through digital channels including social media and e-campaigns. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in fundraising within the context of higher education and for candidates who hold an advanced degree and or fundraising certification with organizations such as the Council for Advancement and Support of Education, the Lilly School of Philanthropy, Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- A minimum of four years of progressive fundraising experience, preferably including management of annual fund programs, special events, stewardship programs and individual giving programs, preferably in higher education (or comparably complex organization)
- Knowledge of the fundraising cycle
- Ability to work with faculty, staff, volunteers and senior administration
- Knowledge of constituent relations software, with preference for Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to manage donor-focused events in collaboration with the Manager of Donor Engagement and Events
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a complex environment
- Highly organized
- Strong oral and written communications skills
(Each position requires a background check)
About Northeastern Illinois University
Northeastern Illinois University’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in an attractive residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago. The University offers more than 40 undergraduate degree and certificate programs and more than 50 graduate degree, certificate, licensure and endorsement programs. The University is a federally designated Hispanic-Serving Institution. It has additional locations in the metropolitan area, including the Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies, El Centro, Center for College Access and Success, and the University Center of Lake County.
Deadline: Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Applicants are expected to respond based upon the entire job description.
You must submit the following online forms (see links below) and send the remaining documents to:
Email: Jfirstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line
- A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position;
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Three (3) professional references;
- Employment Application;
- Statement of Annuitant Status; and
- Affirmative Action Form.
Copies of unofficial transcripts are accepted; however, official transcripts for all earned degrees will be required of candidates selected for final interviews.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University's positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.