Position: Assistant Director of Admissions/Recruiter and Communications Specialist
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Director of Undergraduate Admissions, the Assistant Director of Admissions - will be responsible for recruitment and management of a territory. The major expectation is that the Assistant Director, through his/her recruitment efforts, will strive to meet or exceed the institution’s annual enrollment expectations. The Assistant Director of Admissions will also be responsible for counseling prospective students and their families about the different programs of study available, admission policies and procedures at Northeastern Illinois University. The Assistant Director will conduct in-state and out-of-state high school visits and college fairs; provide outreach to students through the application process At the direction of the Director of Admissions, the Assistant Director is responsible for strategic planning, coordination and implementation of effective communication, outreach strategies and events designed to engage prospective students and meet enrollment targets. Specific duties will include the development, writing and/or editing of communication and text campaigns and the coordination of social media campaigns. Working with the Director, the Assistant Director will also help plan and execute innovative campus events for prospective students. The Assistant Director represents Northeastern at on and off campus recruiting events.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (education, years of experience, training, license, programs or certifications)
The successful candidate for the position will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree preferred or Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of admissions related experience
- 1-2 years of higher education communications experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with various social media channels and their audiences and the ability to develop targeted messages to engage them.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent planning, interpersonal and organizational skills; excellent analytical, writing and public speaking skills; commitment to student success.
- Strong computer literacy skills, proficiency in the following: Microsoft Word, Excel
- Experience working with Ellucian’s Recruiter system is highly desirable or other Admissions systems such as People Soft or Banner.
- Experience working in Constant Contact or similar email marketing software.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Demonstrated success in higher education recruitment; including presentations to large groups
- Exhibit initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Work evenings and weekends
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (list in order of importance)
Recruitment of Prospective Students
- The Assistant Director represents the institution and provides prospective students, and other constituents (students, parents, school counselors, alumni, faculty and friends of the University) pertinent information when promoting the extraordinary educational benefits and opportunities that exist at Northeastern Illinois University.
- Advises prospective students on course work needed to complete undergraduate or graduate degree programs. Remains current on new degree program offering and changes in degree program coursework requirements. Makes prospective student referrals to academic department chairs when necessary.
- Conduct in-state and out-of-state high school visits, college fairs, and specific events related to student recruitment.
- Manage student files from inquiry through each funnel stage until enrolled for fall and spring recruitment cycles. Will work to create and/or enhance current relationships with school counselor and feeder schools.
- Provide outreach to students through the application process by communicating via e-mail, phone, and in-person.
- Respond to email inquiries and correspondence as assigned. All email inquiries and phone calls should be responded to within 48 hours, with accurate personal responses.
- Conduct engaging, energetic presentations for prospective students and parents.
- In conjunction with the Director create and implement on-campus recruitment strategies.
- Host prospective students and families during campus visits and by providing individual admissions counseling, group presentations and campus tours.
- Research and identify high schools in targeted territories.
- Assess the campus events and make recommendations for future strategies.
Coordination of Communication and Social Media Activities Recruitment-related Activities
- Develop and execute high touch communication and text campaigns to prospective students, and other constituents (students, parents, school counselors, alumni, faculty and friends of the University) Plan and implement on-site admission programs
- Develop appropriate content to be utilized across various platforms that would include social media, video and web.
- Research topics for content development and maintain a content calendar.
- Work collaboratively with marketing colleagues as well as other campus offices and groups to coordinate/implement social media strategies.
- Actively seek out students, faculty, staff and alumni stories to engage various audiences; including prospective students and their families.
- Serve as a communication liaison to the admissions team and campus partners.
- Actively use the Office of Admissions CRM system to engage prospective students.
- Research topics for content consideration and development/maintain a content calendar.
In order to be considered for employment to Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) you must submit the following and send all documents within one PDF document to:
- A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position
- Current Resume
- Three (3) current professional references
- Employment Application
- Statement of Annuitant Status
For full consideration a complete application should be received by February 1, 2019.