Serving as advocates is our right as engaged citizens. We should exercise that right when issues that matter to us are at risk. Effective advocating includes contacting key decision-makers and influencers.
Before you write, call or visit, learn more about how you can be most effective.
- "Ten Truths" About Working with State Legislators
- Get tips on writing to a legislator.
- Keys to a successful meeting in Springfield
- "Illinois Public Universities: Investing in Illinois' Future"
- Build your personal narrative: Alumni Advocacy Worksheet
Familiarize yourself with government
Be proactive in learning as much as you can about government, how it works and how decisions are made. Below are additional resources.
Learn how to identify and contact your legislators.
Illinois elected officials who are NEIU alumni.