The Urban Health and Wellness Summer Immersion Program is designed to introduce first-year students to the social, economic, and political issues and factors related to the mental and physical health and wellness of urban citizens and communities. In addition, students will be introduced to the various NEIU majors and academic concentrations that explore and investigate the issues and factors related to urban health and wellness, as well as those that address issues related to health advocacy and equity.
Summer Bridge Program Application
Program Dates, Time and Location
- Welcome Program: Friday, July 1, 2022
- Program Dates: Monday to Friday, July 1 to August 12, 2022
- Program Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies, 700 E Oakwood Blvd, Chicago, Illinois 60653
Priority eligibility for first-time first-year students admitted for Spring and Fall 2022, and continuing first year students and transfer students with less than 30 credit hours. Students must be interested in exploring careers in urban health and wellness occupations and major in community health, urban community studies, social work or related field.
The Urban Health and Wellness Summer Immersion Program will help you:
- Explore urban health and wellness careers.
- Experience a free college course and earn three credit hours that count toward graduation.
- Build your confidence by participating in college life and academics before the fall semester begins.
- Experience and learn about classroom expectations from college professors.
- Strengthen confidence in your writing, research and math abilities.
- Prepare for urban health and wellness careers with daily development sessions.
- Interact directly with health and wellness professionals.
- Become eligible for fall internship at the completion of the full program.