The Leaders Innovating Transformative Entrepreneurship (LITE) Summer Institute Program is designed to introduce business as a career gateway allowing first-year students to advance their leadership and develop transferable skill sets to guide their college experience and future occupation. In addition, this program will demonstrate ways that students can monetize those skills in various NEIU majors, academic concentrations, and future careers with an emphasis to achieve or cultivate positive and social change.
Program Dates, Time and Location
- Welcome Program: Friday, July 1, 2022
- Program Dates: Monday to Friday, July 18 to August 12, 2022
- Program Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Northeastern Illinois University, 5500 North St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60625
Priority eligibility for first-time first-year students admitted for Spring and Fall 2022, and continuing first year students and transfer students with less than 30 credit hours. Students should be interested in exploring careers in business-related fields, such as Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, and more.
The Leaders Innovating Transformative Entrepreneurship (LITE) Program will help you:
- Meet and connect with other incoming NEIU students.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to utilize academic campus resources such as advising, tutoring, financial aid, etc.
- Explore and gain insight into potential career opportunities, and learn how to prepare for those opportunities by utilizing campus career services.
- Develop fundamental skill sets to better understand collegiate expectations regarding academic success, professional development, and self-management.
- Become more connected to NEIU by learning about NEIU’s history, the university’s role in the community, and your future as an NEIU alumni.
- Attain real-time experiences engaging and interacting with business organizations, business professionals on and off-campus, and campus organizations.
- Obtain awareness of NEIU CBT curriculum ranging from introductory business courses such as finance, ethics, and technology.