Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) El Centro is partnering with Google to host the Computer Science Summer Institute (CSSI)! There is no cost to participate in this program. All materials will be provided. Students who successfully complete the CSSI program will be eligible for a $500 stipend.
All interested students must be:
- A current high school senior or new transfer student who has been admitted to Northeastern for the upcoming fall semester and intends to enroll as a full-time student for the fall semester
- Interested in computer science, software engineering, business and/or another closely-related subject
- Must be able to participate in all of the online activities and technical workshops
- Complete a NEIU's CSSI: online application (this is in addition to the admission application for Northeastern, which has a different deadline)
- Daily developmental sessions to help students prepare for computer science studies and future job opportunities
- Opportunities to interact directly with Google engineers
- Hands-on support form NEIU faculty, staff and peer leaders
- Exposure and insight into Google’s internship programs and technical career opportunities
There is no cost to participate in this program. All materials will be provided. Students who successfully complete the CSSI: Extension program will be granted a three-credit-hour tuition scholarship for the upcoming fall semester at Northeastern.
Program Dates: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday through Friday, July 11-Aug. 5, 2022
Location: Activities for 2022 will be remote. Details will be provided to participants closer to the program start date.
Application Deadline: Thursday, June 9, 2022
If you are an interested student and would like to learn more about this program, please contact Dr. Maria Luna-Duarte at firstname.lastname@example.org.