Submissions for the 2021 Conference are now closed.
Instructions for Submitting a Proposal
To have a presentation considered for the 2021 Genocide and Human Rights Research in Africa and the Diaspora (GHRAD) Conference, please use the webform below to submit:
- An abstract of no more than 200 words
- A brief biography (150 words maximum)
- Your full contact information including your title, institution and email
All materials should be submitted electronically via webform.
The deadline for submissions is to be determined and presenters will be notified of their proposal acceptance thereafter.
Suggested presentation topics include:
- Genocide and Ubuntu
- Anti-genocide education
- Resisting preparations for genocide
- Resistance to mass violence
- Mitigating conflict during genocide
- Remembering the courageous
- Honoring known and unknown heroines/heroes
- Celebrating acts of solidarity
- Compassion and kindness during and after genocide
- Rays of hope during genocide
- Peace purveyors during genocide
- Individual and/or community courage during genocide
- Solidarity with the oppressed during genocide
- Community-led advocacy
- Community solidarity strategies
- Community responsibility during genocide
Should you have questions about submitting proposals, please contact email@example.com or (773) 442-5772.