Northeastern offers graduate and post-baccalaureate programs for teachers looking to enhance their professional skills and improve educational outcomes for their students. Expert in teacher education, our faculty addresses current educational and curricular issues, while applying education theory and practice in the classroom and beyond.
Evening classes are offered at the main campus; classes are hybrid, consisting of learning in and outside of the classroom. This 30 credit hour graduate program:
- provides an opportunity for educators to take the lead with a competitive advantage in this expanding field.
- prepares teachers to support students in the Common Core. Practices, procedures and content topics in the Common Core are embedded into the curriculum.
- to assist with financing your education, through the Department of Mathematics, awards merit scholarships in the form of tuition waivers each semester.
Evening in-class courses are offered at the main campus. Contact the program coordinator to find out how you can bring the program to your school. This 30 credit hour graduate program:
- is the only Master of Arts program in gifted education in Illinois, focusing on differentiated instruction, creative and critical thinking, collaboration and problem-solving.
- takes advantage of a growing demand for skilled educators who can create innovative and appropriately challenging instruction for gifted and talented students.
develops creative and diversity-proficient educators who can address and advocate for the academic and social/emotional needs of their students.
Classes are offered entirely online with the possible exception of the final practicum course depending on the distance of the candidate's employment . This 27 credit hour teaching endorsement program:
- offers a comprehensive K-12 special education program from an accredited institution with a long-standing reputation for exemplary special education teacher preparation at a highly competitive cost.
- includes a supervised, technology enhanced, practicum experience that bridges the gap between research and practice.
- addresses all standards of the Council for Exceptional Children, the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving the educational success of individuals with disabilities and/or gifts and talents.
Education that Works for You
Professional development at Northeastern is a sound investment in your career and in your students’ futures. We take pride in the quality and value of the educational opportunities we offer.
Newsweek has ranked Northeastern as Number 6 in the Top 10 Best Investments in the country, alongside Harvard, Princeton, MIT and Stanford.
According to U.S. News & World Report, Northeastern students graduate with the lowest amount of student loan debt of any university in the Midwest.
To ease the financial costs associated with pursuing your degree, the Scholarships Office offers funding options for graduate students. Colleges and departments may also assist through scholarship opportunities.
If you have any questions about applying to Northeastern or about our graduate programs, please email the Graduate Admissions and Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (773) 442-6001. We look forward to hearing from you.