The Summer Transition Program (STP) is designed to prepare newly admitted first-year students for college-level coursework for the fall semester and a successful academic and social transition in order to enhance student success and increase degree attainment at Northeastern Illinois University.
Summer Bridge Program Application will be available in February 2022.
Program Dates, Time and Locations
- Welcome Program: Friday, July 1, 2022
- Program Dates: Monday to Friday, July 5 to August 12, 2022
- Program Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Locations: Northeastern Illinois University, 5500 North St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60625
First time first-year students admitted for the upcoming fall semester are eligible for the Summer Transition Program.
STP will help you:
- Experience a free college course and earn three credit hours that count toward graduation.
- Build your confidence by participating in college life and academics before the fall semester begins.
- Experience and learn about classroom expectations from college professors.
- Strengthen confidence in your English and math abilities.
- Retake the placement test, and possibly place at least one level higher in a math and/or English course for the fall semester.
- Participate in interactive and fun activities to help you connect with other new students and prepare you for college life.
- Save up to $4,000 on tuition and fees if you place out of developmental courses.
- Save time to graduation