The Summer Transition Program (STP) is designed to prepare newly admitted first-year students for college level coursework for the fall semester and a successful academic and social transition in order to enhance student success and increase degree attainment at Northeastern Illinois University.
Program Dates, Time and Locations
- Welcome Program: Friday, July 2, 2021
- Program Dates: Monday to Friday, July 2 to August 13, 2021
- Program Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Locations: Activities for 2021 will be remote. Details will be provided to participants closer to the program start date.
First time first-year students admitted for the upcoming fall semester are eligible for the Summer Transition Program.
STP will help you:
- Experience a free college course and earn three credit hours that count toward graduation.
- Build your confidence by participating in college life and academics before the fall semester begins.
- Experience and learn about classroom expectations from college professors.
- Strengthen confidence in your English and math abilities.
- Retake the placement test, and possibly place at least one level higher in a math and/or English course for the fall semester.
- Participate in interactive and fun activities to help you connect with other new students and prepare you for college life.
- Save up to $4,000 on tuition and fees if you place out of developmental courses.
- Save time to graduation