Diversifying Higher Education Faculty in Illinois (DFI) program
Northeastern Illinois University’s Diversifying Faculty in Illinois (DFI) program is seeking applicants for the 2018-19 DFI Fellowship. The DFI Fellowship provides tuition and fee waivers, plus a $13,000 stipend per academic year. The purpose of the DFI program is to diversify the faculty and professional staff at higher education institutions in the state of Illinois. The deadline for applications is February 16, 2018.
To be eligible for participation in the DFI, applicants must:
- be an Illinois resident
- be a member of an underrepresented group in higher education (Black/African American, Hispanic American, Pacific Island American, Native American or Alaskan Native)
- be unconditionally admitted as a graduate student at Northeastern or be a current full-time graduate student
- have a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 2.75 (for new students) or over a 3.2 GPA for current students
- demonstrate financial need (FAFSA must be filed prior to Feb. 16, 2018)
- sign an agreement to meet the employment conditions upon graduation if a DFI award is accepted
If you are interested in this opportunity, please attend an information session:
Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018
Pizza and beverages provided!
For more information please visit the DFI website or contact: