Northeastern Illinois University is one of nine schools in the United States to offer the Google Computer Science Summer Institute Extension Program (CSSI-Extension). The program’s goal is to increase the number of women, underrepresented ethnic minority students, first-generation, and low-income college students in the field of computer science. Northeastern will achieve this through a three-week intensive, interactive, hands-on and fun program that provides an introduction to computer science for graduating high school seniors with a passion for technology.
All interested students must be:
- A current high school senior who has been admitted to Northeastern for Fall 2019 and intends to enroll as a full-time student
- Interested in computer science, software engineering, and/or another closely-related subject
- Be able to attend every day of the program
- Complete an online program application (this is in addition to the admission application for Northeastern, which has a different deadline)
- Field trips
- Daily developmental sessions to help students prepare for Computer Science studies and future job opportunities
- Opportunities to interact directly with Google engineers
- Exposure and insight into Google’s internship programs and technical career opportunities
There is no cost to participate in this program. All materials will be provided.
Program Dates: Monday-Friday, July 22-Aug. 9, 2019
Program Hours: 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Location: Northeastern Illinois University, El Centro, 3390 N. Avondale Ave., Chicago
Application Deadline: Extended from May 15 to June 1, 2019
If you are an interested student and would like to learn more about this program, please contact Dr. Maria Luna-Duarte at firstname.lastname@example.org.