The Counselor Education Student Association (CESA) is a chapter of the Illinois Counseling Association. Its mission is to "promote educational development, networking, and personal and professional growth among students and faculty of Northeastern Illinois University's Counselor Education program." Students admitted to a Counselor Education master's degree program are automatically members of CESA. Active members are students who attend two or more meetings and/or events during an academic year.
In addition, Counselor Education is also part of Chi Sigma Iota (CSI), the Counseling Education Honor Society. Northeastern's chapter is Chi Epsilon Sigma (CES). Counselor Education students must hold a 3.5 GPA and be invited to become a member.
CESA and CES sponsor numerous student events during the academic year including, but not limited to monthly meetings to connect with fellow classmates; presentations relating to the field of professional counseling; trips to conferences such as the annual Illinois Counseling Association and American Counseling Association conferences; and the annual congratulatory graduation celebration.
Students unable to attend meetings can keep in touch with CESA news through NEIU's Counselor Education student Facebook group and CESA newsletters, along with communicating with its faculty advisor, Dr. Ami Camp at firstname.lastname@example.org, with Dr. Zach Bloom at email@example.com as backup advisor.
- CESA Newsletter - Fall 2021
- CESA Newsletter - November 2020
- CESA Newsletter - August 2020
- CESA Newsletter - Spring 2020 Part Two
- CESA Newsletter - Spring 2020
- CESA Newsletter - September 2019
- CESA Newsletter - February 2019
- CESA Newsletter - September 2018
- CESA Newsletter - January 2018
- CESA Newsletter - October 2017
- CESA Newsletter - July 2017
- CESA Newsletter - April 2017
- CESA Newsletter - February 2017
- CESA Newsletter - December 2016
- CESA Newsletter - October 2016