Students in conversation outside of the Daniel L. Goodwin College of Education building.


To become an enrolled student in the Goodwin College of Education, you must first earn admission to Northeastern Illinois University. Both undergraduate and graduate students can apply for admission by clicking the link below and completing the appropriate application form.

Apply to GCOE

If you are a graduate student, you will be able to declare your major as you go through the admission process. If you have questions as you go through this process, please send an email to, or call (773) 442-5500. Alternatively, you can contact a graduate program advisor. See the list of graduate program advisors for the Goodwin College of Education.

Effective May 22, 2023, undergraduate students can declare a major at any time after they have earned admission to the University by completing the Undergraduate Major Declaration Form. Undergraduates should make an appointment with a Goodwin College of Education undergraduate program advisor to discuss the requirements of the major they are interested in. The Undergraduate Major Declaration Form must be signed by the undergraduate program advisor and returned to the University Registrar. Undergraduates should submit the signed form to Enrollment Management Services (Room D 101) for processing. They also can email the completed form to

If you have admission questions, please contact:

Marlena Kruk, Admissions Specialist
Daniel L. Goodwin College of Education
Lech Walesa Hall, Room 4045
(773) 442-5509