Upon completion of the Program, the student will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education and meet current State of Illinois standards for Elementary Education licensure with a Bilingual-Bicultural endorsement.
The student will
- Develop skills, insights and attitudes crucial to effective teaching for the bilingual/bicultural child
- Become aware of ongoing multilingual education programs.
- Become conversant in both first and second languages in teaching subject matter areas.
- Realize the importance of ethnic-cultural ties to the learning process
- Develop necessary pedagogical competencies for the teaching profession.
Academic Catalog Information
Take a closer look at the bachelor degree in bilingual/bicultural elementary education and the courses offered toward the degree.
Department and Contact Information
If you are interested in the program or have questions, please contact Teacher Education.
Northeastern Illinois University is home to more than 10,000 students from all corners of the world and is one of the most ethnically diverse universities in the nation. Our small class sizes, flexible schedules and dedicated faculty can help you succeed in your studies.
We offer an education with value.