The Department of Special Education offers the Master of Arts in Gifted Education (MAGE) to address the needs of gifted and talented learners. This advanced degree is designed for candidates who are interested in advanced preparation supporting, teaching, and guiding gifted children and their families.
We are proud to offer the first Gifted Teacher Endorsement in the state of Illinois!
Coursework includes a solid foundation in the nature of giftedness, identification of the gifted, program planning, gifted curriculum, differentiated educational strategies, and program evaluation.
Gifted Education Program Overview
Candidates may select from the following program options:
- Master’s degree program with Illinois state Gifted Teacher Endorsement (30 credit hours) OR
- Gifted Teacher Endorsement-only program (24 credit hours)
Some of the benefits of attending Northeastern and enrolling in the Gifted Education programs:
- Earning an advanced degree from a highly-regarded academic insitution
- Participating in a cohort offered at our main campus or right on your own campus or a nearby district
- Engaging in flexible evening courses for working professionals
- Classroom teacher; differentiation specialist
- Gifted specialist, gifted coordinator or gifted policy specialist
- Advocate for gifted children/programming
- Parent specialist with emphasis on high ability learners
- Researcher with emphasis on gifted issues
Need More Information?
To learn more about the master’s degree or endorsement, please contact Michele Kane, Professor and Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out our Request Information form below.