Choose diversity. Strive for success. welcome to the college of business and management.
The College of Business and Management at Northeastern Illinois University has grown from a few business courses to a separate college that is part of a vibrant, urban university. In 2014 we celebrated our 30th anniversary as a college at Northeastern.
Currently, the College has two departments: Accounting, Business Law and Finance, and Marketing and Management. Together they provide about 250 class sections each year in five different majors, as well as five different minors. We are accredited by AACSB International and the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. We have 38 full-time faculty members in addition to adjunct business professionals.
About the College of Business and Management
- Proof of Quality -- Northeastern Illinois University’s College of Business and Management is accredited by AACSB International. Only 5 percent of business programs worldwide have been awarded AACSB Accreditation. This accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Read more information about AACSB accreditation.
- Best Investment -- Newsweek (2012) recognized Northeastern as the sixth best investment in college degree programs nationwide and the best investment in Illinois. U.S. News and World Report (2014, 2015) recognized Northeastern for graduating its students with the least debt.
- Exceptional Diversity -- Learn in an environment that mirrors the multi-cultural world of business. U.S. News and World Report has ranked Northestern as one of the most diverse Midwestern universities consistently since 1997. Our students speak over 50 different first languages.
- Student Focused -- Reasonable sized classes; Ease of access to faculty; Excellent professional advisors; High retention rate (>90 percent); Empowered student clubs/groups providing real opportunities to apply your knowledge and skills.
OUR FACULTY AND STUDENTS
Our faculty are our greatest resource. All of our faculty are qualified -- either by holding a Ph.D. in their field -- or as a recognized business practitioner. They each bring a wealth of knowledge to the classroom, discipline and a variety of research interests. They prepare our students to have a well-rounded education and a skill set that can be applied in many leading industries. Many of the faculty also provide guidance to the student clubs and other student groups thus enriching the out-of-class application of theory.
Our students come from all areas of the world bringing their unique cultural perspectives with them. Combined, we speak more than 50 different first languages! This provides our faculty with a built-in classroom opportunity to enhance the learning environment and emphasize a global perspective through the sharing of the individual student’s cultural distinctiveness.
The College of Business and Management has five undergraduate majors and two graduate programs.
- Accounting, B.S.
- Finance, B.S
- General Business Administration, B.S.
- Management, B.S.
- Marketing, B.S.