A minor in IES will prepare you to succeed at the University and in your professional life. While you are studying at Northeastern, the IES coursework will:
- prepare you to succeed at an academic level in English.
- give you a solid foundation for academic excellence.
- enable you to perform comfortably in English in a variety of academic settings.
When you apply for a job upon graduation from Northeastern, having a minor in IES will:
- show your potential employer that you have advanced skills in written and spoken English.
- provide you with the ability to communicate effectively in English.
Academic Catalog Information
Take a closer look at the minor's degree in Interdisciplinary English Studies and the courses offered.
Department and Contact Information
If you are interested in the program or have questions, please contact the English Language Program
Northeastern Illinois University is home to 9,000 students from all corners of the world and is one of the most ethnically diverse universities in the nation. Our small class sizes, flexible schedules and dedicated faculty can help you succeed in your studies.
We offer an education with value.