Northeastern Illinois University
5th Annual Faculty Research & Creative Activities Symposium
Friday, November 14, 2014
Abstract Submission Criteria
Abstracts submitted must use Times New Roman font with a font size of 12, and must be formatted correctly and contain the following:
• Title (typed in ALL CAPS) and limited to less than 30 words.
• List all authors and their disciplines. Indicate the person who will be presenting with an * following their name.
• Define abbreviations and disciplinary jargon at their first mention. Since the audience will be multidisciplinary, please keep disciplinary jargon to a minimum. Thereafter, abbreviations may be used freely.
• The text of the abstract begins two line spaces below the title, author and contact information.
• The body of the research abstract should be single spaced and fully justified. It should not be less than 350 words and should not exceed 450 words. The abstract must contain sufficient information to clearly identify: research objective(s) of the work; the significance or importance of the project; the methodology(s) used; summary of results and a statement of conclusions.
• The body of the Creative Activities abstract should be single spaced and fully justified. It should not be less than 350 words and should not exceed 450 words. The abstract must identify: the medium of the project; a description of the project and the presentation; the intended artistic message, if applicable.
The above criteria will greatly assist the Symposium Steering Committee in their review process and serve as the basis for the selection of the abstracts. The abstracts submission deadline is Wednesday October 15, 2014. Notification of acceptance of abstracts will be sent electronically to the respective author by October 17, 2014.