Civil Service employees work in many areas at Northeastern. Positions are filled through a Civil Service testing process. See the State Universities Civil Service System website for more details.
- Applications Programmer III (University Technology Services-Administrative Computing)
- Building Service Worker (Janitorial PM-Facilities Management)
- Steam and Power Plant III (Facilities Management-Heating Plant)
- Systems Administrator III (University Technology Services)
In order to be considered for employment, you must submit the following by the application deadline:
- Employment Application (Original initials and original signatures required for each position applied. Electronic initials and electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Statement of Annuitant Status Form (Original signature required for each position applied. Electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Affirmative Action Form (Original signature required for each position applied, Electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Official transcript(s)
- Cover letter
(Each position requires a background check.)
Please see the individual position listings for the application deadline.
Employment Applications, Affirmative Action Forms and Statement of Annuitant Status forms are also available at:
Northeastern Illinois University
Office of Human Resources
Bernard Office Building
5555 N. Bernard
Chicago, IL 60625
We are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Questions? Call (773) 442-5200 or email CS-Employment@neiu.edu.
Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of:
- Incomplete information/documents
- Delay in submission
- Not meeting qualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System
Be assured, your application will be reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and we will inform you of our decision.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as other qualified individuals. Northeastern Illinois University's positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.