Per Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s Executive Order 2021-22 (available to read in Arabic, Polish, Tagalog, Chinese, Spanish and Hindi), all higher education faculty, staff and students are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All members of the Northeastern Illinois University community are also required to get a COVID-19 booster shot as soon as they are eligible per the CDC Booster Shot guidelines.
Individuals who have already been exempted from the vaccination requirement due to medical or religious reasons will be exempt from the booster requirement. Exempt individuals are still required to test weekly for COVID-19 until this requirement ends or the student is fully vaccinated and has submitted their full vaccination record.
In order to promote the highest level of safety and security for the University community, and in light of the rising number of COVID-19 cases, it is critical that employees comply promptly with this requirement.
All employees are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination and booster status to Student Health Services. Specifically:
- All NEIU employees will need to upload their COVID-19 vaccination and booster records to the NEIU Health Portal.
- To be in compliance with the booster requirement, individuals are required to submit proof of a booster vaccine. If individuals do not submit proof of booster, they must have an approved medical or religious exemption on file or they will be out of compliance. Therefore, individuals who have received their primary vaccination series but do not want to receive the booster, must request an exemption from Student Health Services. If their booster exemption request is approved, they will be considered not fully vaccinated and will be required to test weekly the same as other unvaccinated individuals.
- Employees who require an exemption will need to complete one of the following form and submit the form to Student Health Services via the NEIU Health Portal:
- Medical exemption form
- Religious exemption form
- A Student Health Services advanced practice registered nurse will review and certify validity of the exemption.
- Non-vaccinated or vaccination exempt employees will be tested weekly until this new requirement ends or the employee is fully vaccinated.
- All testing results will be submitted to Student Health Services via the NEIU Health Portal for verification.
- All results submitted must have the employee’s name, date of service, and results on the same page.
- Student Health Services will report all employee compliance and non-compliance to Human Resources.
- Employee non-compliance with weekly testing requirements will be reported to supervisors for notation in the employee’s personnel file. Non-compliance may result in potential disciplinary action up to and including termination, depending on the circumstances and number of such failures.
Submit your questions to VIP@neiu.edu.