Student Counseling & Career Services
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Counseling or a related field with concentration in Career Counseling
- Demonstrated work experience in career services in a higher education institution in the area of employer relations, recruitment and program development
(This position requires a background check.)
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, or related field with concentration in Career Counseling,
- Demonstrated work experience in career services in higher education institution
The incumbent will provide career advising, guidance and counseling to current students, and alumni, both those who are undecided about selecting a major, or experienced alumni who are changing career fields. Develop career exploration activities to assist students and graduates who are in need of identifying, exploring or changing a career direction. Performs all duties at a high level of multicultural competence fitting with NEIU’s student body.
$20.00 per hour
Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Statement of Annuitant Status (Original signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
You can obtain an Employment Application, Affirmative Action Form and Statement of Annuitant Status form in the Office of Human Resources, Bernard Office Building (BOB), 5555 N. Bernard, Chicago, IL 60625, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You may also download and print a copy of the Employment Application, Affirmative Action Form and Statement of Annuitant Status Form. You must complete, sign and date the application, affirmative action form and annuitant form and submit them along with official transcripts, resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources by the application deadline. A new application, affirmative action form and annuitant form are required for each position applied.
If you have any questions, please call the Office of Human Resources at 773-442-5200, or email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu. Please visit the State Universities Civil Service System website at http://www.sucss.illinois.gov/updates.aspx for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
Application Deadline: A current employment application, statement of annuitant status form, affirmative action form, cover letter, resume, and official transcript(s) must be submitted by the close of business 3/30/18.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.