Office: LWH-2093, Phone: (773) 442-4770
Years at Northeastern Illinois University: 2010 to present
- Ph.D., Sociology, Expected Date 2012; University of Illinois at Chicago
- M.A., Sociology, 2009; University of Illinois at Chicago
Sexuality, Gender, Feminist Theory, Bodies, Embodiment, Knowledge Production, Methods, and any Service Learning.
Recent Scholarly Publications
- Risman, Barbara J & Lisa Bérubé. 2008. “Report Card on Gender Equity and Scholarship.” Network News. Sociologists for Women in Society. Fall.
- Midwest Sociological Society Annual Meeting, Chicago IL "Researching Bisexuality and Binary Options", March 2010
- Queer Bowl, Guest Judge. UIC. November 14, 2009
- Undefined Gender Writing Day, Guest Speaker. UIC "Teaching Gender and Sexuality: the Importance of Standpoint" October 20, 2009
- Midwest Sociological Society Annual Meeting, Des Moines Iowa "Activist Mothers: Community Work, Gender, and the Social Construction of Mothering." April 4, 2009
- Society for Women in Society Winter Meeting, Savannah GA "Culture of Silence: Finding Gender and Women Friendly Spaces." February 6, 2009
- Chicago Area Study Presentations, UIC "Activist Mothers: Community Work, Gender, and the Social Construction of Mothering." December 3, 2008