NEIU’s Greek community is built on strong academic standards. Members expect a lot of themselves and each other. They work together and pride themselves on academic excellence.
• group study sessions and study partners
• GPA requirements for joining as well as maintaining good standing in the organization
• faculty advisors offer support and advising expertise
• rewards and recognition for members with high GPAs
In NEIU’s Greek Community, service to others and the community is part of everyday life. Our fraternitites and sororities are generous fundraisers and service providers. These groups annually give thousands of dollars and service hours to local and national charities.
At NEIU, students in Greek Life will:
• volunteer at schools, mentor and tutor children, host blood drives, and various other service projects
• organize dozens of chapter events to raise money and educate the campus
• be expected to complete required service hours
• promote education on topics such as AIDS awareness, body image, domestic violence, poverty, and other issues affecting the campus and the world
True leadership comes from experience. As a member of a Greek organization you’ll find tremendous opportunities that will give you the experience to become an effective leader.
Fraternities and Sororities are self governing, and give members numerous leadership possibilities. Greek Life offers leadership training programs both campus wide and through individual chapters.
• serve as chapter officers and on United Greek Council
• lead and get involved as members of
non-Greek campus activities
such as the Student Government
Association, Peer Mentors & the Northeastern
Programming Board (NPB)
• participate in training retreats
• apply campus leadership skills
to the real world
Brotherhood & Sisterhood
The brotherhood and sisterhood of Greek life is truly a “family” experience. It offers you the security and happiness that’s part of the brother/sister bond. This is especially important on a commuter campus where you can feel lost in a large sea of people. While you don’t have to limit your social life to Greek activities, you will find many opportunities to meet and interact with your chapter, other fraternities and sororities and other campus organizations.
At NEIU, Greeks enjoy:
• formal dinner dances
• awards banquets
• alumni get togethers
• Greek Week
• Greek retreats
• mixers and social events
• national and regional conferences