Student Concerns

Do you have a concern about or issue with a student, faculty, or staff member? Please visit our office in B-119 to discuss your concerns and explore possible ways to resolve them.

If your concern is with a staff person, you are encouraged to meet in the office where the matter arises with the staff person responsible for complaints in hopes of gaining a resolution.

If your concern is with a faculty member, you are encouraged to contact the appropriate Dean's office (e.g.., College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business & Management College of Education) to discuss the issue with their staff person responsible for complaints.


If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the meeting with staff in the appropriate office, and wish to submit a complaint, the following steps are to be followed:

  • 1. A complaint may be submitted in writing to Student Rights and Responsibilities by completing a Request for Formal Review of a Student Grievance. View or Print the Student Grievance Form or Fill Out the Form Online.
  • 2. When a student submits a complaint, he/she must also provide their name, contact information and attach any related documents.
  • 3. After a complaint is submitted, the student will meet with the Director, an Assistant Director, or Coordinator to review the matter and be informed of the process.
  • 4. The assigned staff member will then investigate the nature of the complaint, contact all necessary parties, and report back to the student with the outcome.
  • 5. Additional follow-up will take place at the student's request until the matter is resolved.

All completed complaint forms are kept on file in Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Note that grade appeals, exceptions to University procedure, student disciplinary complaints, and affirmative action cases do not fall within these guidelines.

If you have further questions, please contact Antoinette McConnell, Assistant Director at (773) 442-4618, B-129,