Proyecto Pa'Lante offers personalized academic advising and tutoring, credit-bearing academic seminars that focus on the transition to college and a tuition scholarship based on merit and application review. In order to be admitted to NEIU through Proyecto Pa'Lante, the student must meet eligibility and submit a complete application.
Academic Eligibility Requirements
A student is eligible for admission to NEIU through Proyecto Pa'Lante if all of the following criteria are met:
- ACT composite of 15-18.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Rank in the lower 50% of the graduating class.
Admission Application Requirements
- Submit completed NEIU application for admission to the Admissions Office (check Proyecto Pa'Lante box under 'Applicant Type' in the NEIU application).
- Submit a non-refundable application fee or provide a fee waiver.
- Request to have your official high school transcript or GED score reflecting six semester class rank and ACT scores (only if the applicant is under 21 years of age).
- Submit a personal statement that addresses the following questions:
- Tell us about yourself. What makes you unique and different?
- What was your high school experience like? If you had low grades or attendance issues, explain why.
- What are your academic goals and career interests?
- Why have you chosen NEIU and the Proyecto Pa'Lante program?
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a high school counselor or a teacher.
- All admissions documents must be mailed or delivered to: NEIU Admissions Office, 5500 N. St. Louis Ave., Chicago IL 60625