St. Francis de Sales
St. Francis de Sales served mostly German Catholics but was organized
as a territorial parish. The original frame church, shown here, served
the parish until 1910 when a new combination church and school building
This two story brick structure was dedicated on October 22, 1911. A
Chinese convert who was confirmed that day donated a golden cross atop
the new church. On January 23, 1925 a fire almost destroyed the church.