A Project by
Rod Sellers
Chicago's East Side Churches
Introduction to East Side Churches
St. George
St Petri United Church of Christ
St. Francis de Sales
Annunciata Church 
Architectural Style of Saint Simeon
Saint Simeon Mirotovici
 
Bethlehem Lutheran Church
This is the oldest church in the Colehour neighborhood, later known as the East Side. The congregation was founded in 1874 by Fred Egger to serve many of the early German residents of the area. On the lower right side of the view is the original church building constructed in 1874. The larger structure on the left is shown as it appeared at its dedication in 1891.  The original church became the first home of Gallistel School. 

 
 
Chicago
Teachers' Center
National Endowment for the Humanities
Northeastern 
Illinois University