Annunciata Church is a territorial Catholic parish located at 111th
and Avenue G. The parish originally held services in the garage of the
construction company which built many of the homes in the neighborhood
around the church and donated the land for the church itself. It sits on
land formerly used as a little league baseball field. The little league
has relocated just north of the church. The parish was founded in 1941
and grew quickly after World War II with the baby boom and the growth of
the Fair Elms subdivision near the church.
This is an exterior view of the third church used by the parish.
It is a modern style, pie shaped design by architect William J. Butorac.
It was dedicated on September 20, 1970. The interior features auditorium
style seating with large stained glass windows around the periphery.