If someone becomes ill or is injured and requires immediate assistance:
- Call 911 and reception at 773-442-4080 or ext. 4080 to obtain local emergency
- Unless you are trained or the victim is in an immediate life-threatening situation, do not attempt to render any first aid before trained assistance arrives
- Do not attempt to move a person who has fallen or appears to be in pain.
- Limit your communication with ill or injured person to quiet reassurances.
- After the person’s immediate needs have been taken care of, remain to assist the investigating officer with pertinent information about the incident.
- If the victim is a staff member, the victim’s supervisor should fill out the University’s
"Supervisor’s Accident Report" available through the Employee Resources channel on
NEIUport or Human Resources.