How to report a fire:
- Call 911. Report the exact location of the fire and, if known, what is burning. Sound the building alarm by pulling an alarm station.
- Never allow the fire to come between you and an exit.
- Remove all persons from the danger area. Close doors behind you to confine the fire.
Response to audible fire alarms:
- Evacuate the building. Shut all doors behind you. Closed doors can slow the spread of fire, smoke and water.
- Do not use the elevators.
- If requested, assist persons with disabilities who appear to need direction or assistance.
- Do not delay evacuation – If possible, take purses and backpacks.
- Once outside, remain approximately 200 feet from the exits to help facilitate clear access to
- Return to the building only when instructed to do so by emergency response personnel.