Planning includes identifying the appropriate place in your building to seek shelter should a tornado occur.
If a tornado or severe weather is announced...
- Stay inside and be alert to falling objects.
- Stay away from windows, mirrors, glass, and unsecured objects such as filing cabinets
- Proceed to a below-ground-level or central hallway of the building, if possible.
- Do not use elevators.
- If requested, assist persons with disabilities to the safest area on the same floor.
- Remain in the safe area until the “all clear” has been given by Public Safety or other