1. Why do images of sanity as madness and madness as sanity seem to
appear during certain historical periods?
2 What was the crisis of the '30's and what reactions did the films
3. What was the crisis of the period during which King of Hearts
4. What is the "anti-psychiatry" movement? Who were some of the most
famous people associated with it?
5. Under what circumstances, if any, do you think you would consider
madness to be a positive experience?
6. What stereotypes of different mental disorders are shown in this
7. What do you think was the "message" of this film?