1. How is dissociation different from psychosis?
2. There are four major forms of dissociation. Give the distinguishing
characteristics of each of the following:
THREE FACES OF EVE
1. What symptoms was Eve White aware of at the beginning of the film?
2. What kinds of situation seem to trigger her dissociations?
3. She talks about hearing voices. Is this mentioned in the DSM IV?
4. How does the film let you know the personality is changing?
5. What do you think of the use of hospitalization for Eve?
6. What stereotype of mental illness does Eve Black present?
7. How realistic do you think the scene in the hospital room with the
8. Multiple personalities usually serve a purpose for the individual.
What purpose does Eve Black serve? Eve White?
9. What do you think of how the husband responds to her?
10. Why do you think the Eve Black personality went to the motel?
11. What function does Jane serve?
12. In this case some personalities die. In Truddi Chase's case she
maintains all of her personalities. Which way would you want to be if it
13. What do you know about the current theories concerning the etiology
14. What kind of a picture of the psychiatrist is presented in this film?