of Earth Science |Northeastern
TO EARTH SCIENCE
today’s class, you should be able to do the
* Explain the terms aquifer and aquitard, and
tell the the difference between them. Give examples of
geologic materials that make good aquifers those that make good
* Explain what the term water table means, and tell
how its elevation is measured.
* Describe what a ground water well is, and tell how wells
* Calculate water elevation in wells based on depth-to-water data.
* Plot water table elevation in wells on a map, contour the
points, and tell what direction water is flowing based on the
mapped position of the water table.
© 2007 Laura L. Sanders. Last updated April