of Earth Science |Northeastern
TO EARTH SCIENCE
By the end
today’s class, you should be able to do the
* Use the Public
Land Survey system (Township, Range, and Section) to give the location
of any point on a topographic map.
* Given a location's legal description in terms of the Public Land
Survey system, find that point on a topographic map.
* Define the terms divide, watershed,
and drainage basin (drainage area).
* Explain how a divide can be located on a topographic map.
* Draw a
diagram illustrating the processes and products of the water cycle
* Explain what stream discharge is, how it is measured in the field,
and in what units of measurement it is expressed.
* Describe what is expected of you in Homework
#6, due at class time next week.
© 2007 Laura L. Sanders. Last updated April