of Earth Science |Northeastern
TO EARTH SCIENCE
By the end of
today’s class, you should be able to do the
* List the
requirements for this course.
* Examine and
describe three maps that are hanging in the
classroom. Tell what information they convey, and what is unique
and specific to each map.
* Examine rock
samples and classify them using a scheme of your own
* For assessment
purposes, to help the instructor learn what the
class's experience in earth science is, anonymously answer the
1) Describe the internal structure of
2) How old is the earth?
3) List the three major classes of
rocks. Take one of those, and explain how rocks of that type form.
4) What is the difference (if any)
between minerals and rocks?
5) Some areas experience many
earthquakes, and some experience few. Why?
6) Draw a diagram illustrating the
7) What causes streams to flow?
8) What causes ground water to flow?
9) Describe your experiences with
geology or earth science--for example, courses you have taken,
geology-focuses vacations, and so on.
© 2007 Laura L. Sanders. Last updated
January 8, 2007.