of Earth Science |Northeastern
INTRODUCTION TO EARTH SCIENCE
Daily Objectives #15 (March 7, 2006)
By the end of today’s class, you should be able to do the
* Describe how each of the three major classes of rocks forms.
* For each of the major classes of rocks, name the sub-groups, and tell
how each forms. List the rocks that fall into each of the
* Explain how you could recognize each of the rocks listed above in the
field. What features do they exhibit?
* Explain the relationship between the environments of rock formation
and plate tectonic setting.
* Explain how rocks of one type can be changed into rocks of another
© 2006 Laura L. Sanders. Last updated
March 7, 2006.