of Earth Science |Northeastern
INTRODUCTION TO EARTH SCIENCE
Daily Objectives #11 (February 21, 2006)
By the end of today’s class, you should be able to do the
* Explain the relationship between cooling rate and crystal size.
* Define and describe what is meant by mafic and felsic
mineralogic compositions of igneous rocks.
* Use a rock key to identify hand samples of
* List and describe four factors that determine whether or not
solid rock will melt into magma.
* List and describe the eruptive styles of volcanoes, and
describe how this affects the type of volcano that forms.
* List two factors that determine what the style of a volcanic
eruption will be.
© 2006 Laura L. Sanders. Last updated
February 21, 2006.