of Earth Science |Northeastern
INTRODUCTION TO EARTH SCIENCE
Daily Objectives #3 (September 5, 2006)
By the end of today’s class, you should be able to do the
* Review: Describe the differences between the lithosphere and asthenosphere in
terms of their temperature and rigidity.
* Review: List the two types of lithosphere (oceanic lithosphere
lithosphere) and describe how they differ in terms of their
thickness and density.
* Using a map illustrating plate tectonic boundaries, identify
locations where boundaries occur, and tell what type of boundaries they
are (divergent, convergent, or transform).
* Explain the patterns in the data we collected in class on
geologic features at the fourteen locations we studied in our last
class period, listed in Objectives
Download the legal-sized handout (MSWord format) we used in class by
* Describe, sketch a diagram of, and explain the geologic
features you would expect to find at each type of plate boundary (using
text and figures from Chapter 8 of your textbook). (Please note: we did not get this far in
class today, but will accomplish this objective on Thursday!)
© 2006 Laura L. Sanders. Last updated
September 5, 2006.