of Earth Science |Northeastern
TO EARTH SCIENCE
Objectives #28 (December 5, 2006)
Assignment #5 is due Thursday,
By the end of today's class, you should be able to do the
* Draw contours of land surface for a hill, an inclined plane, a ridge,
and a valley.
Streams and Stream Processes
* Define the terms drainage
area, and watershed.
* Sketch a map view of a meandering stream;
indicate where you would expect to find erosion occurring and where you
would expect to find deposition occurring.
* On a map of a stream flowing into a lake or ocean, show where a delta
* Inject dye into a model of a ground water system, and observe what
happens to it. Pay special attention to how quickly it moves and
along what path it travels.
* Identify the water table on the ground
water model, and explain what the term means.
* Calculate the elevation of the water table under idle and pumping
conditions for the Stermerville well worksheet.
* Draw contours of the water table on the maps for idle and pumping
conditions in Stermerville.
* Determine flow directions for the Stermerville ground water.
© 2006 Laura L. Sanders. Last updated December 5, 2006.