of Earth Science |Northeastern
TO EARTH SCIENCE
Objectives #27 (November 30, 2006)
By the end of today's class, you should be able to do the
FROM PREVIOUS SESSIONS
* Complete a topographic maps worksheet using several different
maps to perform tasks such as these: identify features, use the key,
measure distances, and use coordinate
* Use the stream table to examine the processes of erosion,
transportation, and deposition of sediment.
* Describe some of the ways in which various watersheds might differ
from each other (e.g. size of drainage area, degree of urbanization,
and so on).
* Graph the stream data you collected in preparation for an exercise
next time: graph discharge vs. time, showing the 10 days before the
peak flow, the day of the peak flow, and the 10 days following the peak
* Compile the graphed data from your own research and from that of
other students in preparation for Homework
Assignment #5, due one week from
today, on Thursday, December 7.
© 2006 Laura L. Sanders. Last updated November 30, 2006.