You are invited to apply for the Leadership Academy, a
Learn the following leadership skills:
3-day outdoor adventure leadership program, designed for advanced student leaders. We are excited to combine leadership development with outdoor adventures! This year's Leadership Academy will occur from August 22-24th. Students will learn about teamwork, communication, interpersonal skills and collaboration through outdoor activities such as hiking, rappelling, and caving. Up to 10 students will be selected to attend through an application process. All Leadership Academy participants will be required to attend some
pre-training sessions prior to attending the Academy. The Leadership Academy is a joint program with L.E.A.D. and Campus Recreation Outdoor Adventure Programs.
Quick Facts to Know:
- Team Building
- Interpersonal Skills
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- All participants will be transported to and from Devils Lake, in Wisconsin, from the NEIU main campus.
- No students will be allowed to provide their own transportation.
- Students will be responsible for preparing meals, setting up their shelter, cleaning up and carrying their own gear.
- All meals, equipment, and lodging are provided by the L.E.A.D. program.
- No alcohol or drugs will be permitted at the Leadership Academy.
- Students will participate in physical, mental and emotional activities.
- Students might be exposed to natural elements such as rain and hot sun.
- The group will leave NEIU on Sunday, Aug. 22nd at
9 a.m. and will return to on Tuesday, August 24th
by 5 p.m.
All seats have been filled. Thank you for your interest!