Application to the Honors Program:
Application for Merit Tuition Scholarships:
- Due at least 2 weeks before the start of the semester
in which you wish to begin Honors curriculum
Priority registration for classes
- Due July 15th for Fall & Spring
- Due December 15 for Spring only
- Due April 15 for Summer only
Application for Course Adaptation
- 1st day of Advanced Registration (Schedule of Classes)
- Due, signed by you and the faculty member, by the end of
the first week of the semester in which you are adapting the course
No later than 10th
day of the semester, student completes Independent Study Form, completes
Honors Thesis Contract with Faculty Advisor, and submits Abstract.
No later than midterm
of the semester in which you will complete your thesis or project, you will
- Arrange for a 2nd Reader in
- Format Front Matter according to UHP
requirements (see UHP Thesis Manual for details).
- Submit thesis to faculty advisor for feedback.
At least two weeks
prior to the end of the semester in which you will complete your thesis or
project, you will
- Submit thesis to 2nd reader for feedback.
- Submit thesis in electronic format to UHP
office. UHP will send to a 3rd
reader, who will read on behalf of UHP.
3rd reader returns thesis
to Honors Program Office with feedback.
The Program Coordinator will send the 3rd reader's feedback
to the student.
In the final weeks
before finishing, you will
- Complete your approval page by adding the
name and department of your third faculty reader. Keep this page with you until
each of your readers has approved your work and agreed to sign your
- Make any changes or revisions requested by
- Once you have addressed all requested changes/revisions,
show your revised work to your readers and collect signatures to
complete your approval page.
Office submits final revision of complete list of graduating Honors Scholars
Your final task is
to bind your completed and fully approved UHP Thesis or Creative Work at
Beck's Bookstore. The Ronald
Williams library will catalogue this copy. You may wish to bind additional copies
for yourself and your advisor.
Copyright 2011 by